TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Your funny....
People Seeking Info

Subject Your funny....

Posted by Greg D. (Specialty-Z) on June 25, 2015 at 9:21 PM
  This message has been viewed 381 times.

In Reply To Still No Dynos Posted. At least my ("miss" info is sexy!) ;) posted by flashstar on June 25, 2015 at 06:40 PM

Message You have little to no real experience, you site web articles that are mostly about completely different engine designs, you have people look at things and tell us that what they see has greater weight than what real world experience has taught me.
A VG engine has 4 cams that can all be phased differently, moving the exhaust or intakes changes the intake and exhaust cam separation that changes valve overlap.
The GM engines your referencing have one cam that has fixed intake and exhaust separation offering less possible adjustments. Our Engines also have VTC, the intake cam moves without the exhaust moving and is controller by the ECU. The VTC movement offers much less trade offs at high and low RPM. The VTC and cam timing adjustments both affect DCR.

The information I offer is from real world testing, both racing and on the dyno with the 300zx for the last 25 years.
If you feel that spending that much time with one car does not offer some information others might not have the chance to see, I am not sure what to say.

Best of luck with your Z.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.